Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fondant Icing

I had my second attempt and making a cake and decorating it with Fondant.  However, this time I made my fondant from scratch.  Results = TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!  The store bought fondant had a strange taste to it and but the homemade marshmallow fondant tasted just like marshmallows.  It was a little difficult to make and you will probably work up a sweat kneading and flattening the fondant but that just means you won't feel bad eating the 2nd piece of cake.

This blog has a great Make-a-Cake series that gave very good detailed instructions. I think the results were pretty good.  What do you think?

2nd Attempt - Homemade Fondant
1st Attempt - Store bought Fondant















Linking to:
Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.