Marquee Slideshow

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Imitation = Flattery: Quilling

Wikepedia says that Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs.

What Wikepedia didn't say is that quilling is only for the patient.  The 'K' that I did was a simple design in comparison to some that you can see if you just google quilling.  However, it still took forever.  I was inspired by the blog tutorial on Suzy's Sitcom - as you can see, her's has a LOT more detail.

VERDICT:   It did turn out nice and I get a lot of compliments on it but it was very time consuming and tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.