Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yum Yum: Chicken Lime Tacos

I love simple yummy meals that my kids eat and ask for seconds.  Whenever I ask my girls what they want, they will almost always answer quesadillas and pizza.  After this meal, they will now add tacos to their list.


I got this great recipe from Chef-n-training but I made a few changes.  My changes are in blue below.
LIME CHICKEN TACOS

  • 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (only 2 breasts for my family of 4)
  • 3 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder (added a little more - next time I'll use a taco seasoning packet)
  • 1 cup frozen corn (did not use - my kids complain about chunks in their food)
  • 1 cup chunky salsa
  • 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
  • sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 4-6 hours (2-3 hours) or until chicken is done and tender
Remove the chicken; cool slightly. Shred and return to slow cooker (I shredded directly in the slow cooker). Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.