Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Outside Spiders



I made these spiders 2 years ago and love them.  The same craft party where we made the ghosts, we also made these.  Or at least we were suppose to but I didn't realize how much paint they used.  When I made mine, I spray painted them.  However, spray paint does dissolve Styrofoam so I would highly suggest painting them instead.  They will use TONS of paint.

Supplies (for 1):
 - Large Styrofoam ball (~6")
 - Small Styrofoam ball (~3")
 - 4 black pipe cleaners
 - 2 small red pom poms
 - Black Paint
 - Command Hooks
 - EC6000 glue (the best glue ever)

Paint the Styrofoam balls black.  Then I put a toothpick between the 2 Styrofoam balls but also glued them for extra security.  I cut the pipe cleaners in half and made a hole in the Styrofoam and glued them in the hole.  I then glued on the red pom poms for eyes.

I hang them on the wall by my front door with Command hooks.  I stick the hook to the wall first and then just poke the hook through the spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.