Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yum Yum: King Ranch Cheese Dip

I got this recipe from my dear friend Genna.  She would bring it to parties and I would eat so much of it.  I bring it to parties all the time and it is always a hit.

picture from http://pineapple-grass.blogspot.com/

King Ranch Cheese Dip
  • 1/2 cup scallions - chopped
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1.5 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • splash of Worcestershire
  • Jar of Hormel dried beef - chopped
  • 2 loaves Hawaiian bread
Mix all ingredients, cut out center of bread and place mixture in the bread bowl.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Cut other loaf into small squares and serve to dip.

Notes:  Hormel dried beef is typically on the top shelf where the packaged meat is.  Make sure to use Hawaiian bead.  I have done it with other bread and it isn't near as good. The sweetness of the bread makes this dip.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks amazing too! I can't wait to try this for my families Christmas Eve all snack foods dinner. Yummo! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.