Marquee Slideshow

Monday, July 23, 2012

Yum Yum: Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

I love Mediterranean food and this is one of my favorite dishes.  Allrecipes.com always has create recipes that taste exactly like they should.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad II Recipe
photo from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • salt to taste

Directions

  1. In a bowl, mix the garbanzo beans, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, garlic, and cilantro. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, and pour over the salad. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I have a similar recipe that my family loves so I may have to try this version.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Wende @ The Rickett Chronicles

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.