|photo from http://teaandsympathynewyork.wordpress.com|
Tri-Color Potato Salad with Whole Grain Mustard Dressing
1 pound sweet potatoes (1 large or 2 medium), peeled
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
1 pound red skinned potatoes
¼ cup whole grain mustard, or more to your taste
¼ cup sour cream
2 TBS mayonnaise
1 TBS sugar
2 tsp granulated garlic
Juice from ½ a lime
½ cup chopped Italian parsley
Olive oil for roasting and grilling potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F. Cut all the potatoes in half lengthwise and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
2. Cook the three types of potatoes separately as they cook at different speeds. The potatoes are done when a paring knife plunged into the center yields little if any pressure. Different potatoes cook at different speeds so the small ones might be done in 15 minutes and the larger ones in 30 minutes or more.
3. Let the potatoes cool as you mix the dressing.
4. Heat your grill so that a hand placed six inches above the grate can withstand a count of four Mississippi without pain. The brush the cut side of each potato with olive oil. Place the cut side of the potatoes on the grill until a good grill mark is formed, then remove from the grill.
5. When cool enough to handle, dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces and toss with the dressing.