Marquee Slideshow

Friday, February 7, 2014

Loved the Pages: Books becoming Movies

I love to read and I love movies.  Two things my husband could do without.  I read all type of books - mystery, romance, young adult, chick lit, historical... you name it.  To me a good book is a good book no matter what it is about.  Recently most of the books I have been reading have become movies (or are becoming movies).  I personally prefer to read a book before I see the movie unless it is about something that I know I will never read.  What about you?

The Hunger Games (2012) PosterGood book series and Good movie (my husband liked the movie even without reading the book)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) PosterI thought the first 2 out of 3 books were good in this series.  I think the movie was good but only if you had read all the books as there were parts in it that seemed unnecessary if you didn't know what was coming.

Twilight (2008) PosterI liked the books better than the movies because I could picture the characters differently.  As a vampire girl (going back to Anne Rice books in junior high), I thought the whole series was entertaining.

One for the Money (2012) PosterI have read almost all of these.  I think Janet Evonovich writes very entertaining books that are great Saturday afternoon reads.

Killing Lincoln (2013) PosterI fell asleep during this movie but my husband liked it.  I really liked the book.  If all history books were written this way I think I would have enjoyed that subject more.  Killing Kennedy is also good and I am halfway through Killing Jesus.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) PosterHad to include this since I read the books way before the movies were out. I love that there are kids in elementary school who are now reading them (or parents reading to them)

Life of Pi (2012) PosterThis is a book I read and did not love as much as everyone.  I have skipped the movie completely but heard good things about it.

Marley & Me (2008) PosterAll I can say is "tears and more tears"

The Help (2011) Poster This was a book that I made myself read before I saw the movie.  I liked the movie way better than the book but I have talked to many where the reverse was true

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) Poster  The book was great.  The movie had Matthew McConaughey - need I say more.  Rumor has that there may be a sequel

House of Sand and Fog (2003) PosterThis was a movie that I couldn't believe was made.  I couldn't even finish the book, but obviously others disagreed.

The Book Thief (2013) PosterBook was excellent - haven't seen the movie yet

Here are a few books I have read and heard they were coming to movie which I am so excited about:
The Fault in Our Stars (2014) Poster   Divergent (2014) Poster

These are books that haven't made it to movies but think they would be great:

  • Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King
  • Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.