Marquee Slideshow

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tried It...Ate It...Loved It...: Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

My second attempt at Mac and Cheese was to try to get a recipe that was “normal”.  Everyone really loved the Gouda Bacon Mac and Cheese but I figured I needed one that I could feed my kids friends and everyone like.  We were having 6 kids over for dinner coming up so I scoured recipes to see if I could find one that I liked.  This one ended up being great.
 Mom's Favorite Baked Mac and Cheese RecipeI got this awesome recipe from allrecipe.com - my favorite recipe website


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (8 ounce) package processed
American cheese, cut into strips
Directions:
1.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, salt, mustard and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens.
3.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
4.
To the milk mixture add the Cheddar and American cheeses; stir until cheese melts. Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2 quart baking dish; mix well.
5.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.


**before I put it in the oven, I took out a servings worth and added truffle salt, cayenne, some Worcestershire and extra salt – it was divine but probably a little spicy for kids.


Come see me at these fun link parties:
  Fluster Buster Wednesday Whatsits Link Party http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/ The Shabby Nest   The Best Blog Recipes Rhinestone Beagle Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

1 comment:

I love your comments, please leave one.