Marquee Slideshow

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mickey and Minnie Birthday Party

My babies turned 3.  I don't feel old enough to have 3 year olds (but trust me, I am).  We threw them a Mickey and Minnie birthday party and they loved it.  Of course, I stressed myself out and did most of the decorations myself.  Luckily, there are tons of websites out there with great tutorials.

Minne Mouse Outfits
Decorations (Mickey everywhere):
 
                                            
How did I do anything before my silhouette machine?  Cutting all of this out by hand would have taken forever.  I didn't even have to get a mickey graphic, I just put 3 circles together and look how well they turned out. 
Headbands and Party favors: 


Cake:  For this I used the same marshmallow frosting that I mentioned in my fondant post.  This was my first attempt at 2-tier.  It definitely looked homemade but tasted wonderful.  The cake was pink lemonade (recipe). 


The best thing we did was hire a kids entertainer who did balloon animals and a puppet show.  She kept the kids mesmerized for an entire hour.  If you are in the DFW area, I highly suggest them - Merry Makers


The party was wonderful, however next year we are having it someplace else :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.