Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book: The Glass Castle

The Glass Castle: A Memoir [Book]
Along with crafts, I love to read.  I am always carrying a book in my purse.  I don't get to read near as often as I did before kids, but try to sneak it in when I can.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls was the most recent book that I read.  The book is a memoir, I remember my dad reading non-fiction books all the time and not understanding how they can be enjoyable.  Recently, memoirs and biographies are all that I am interested in.  Does that mean I am finally grown up?

The book is about Jeannette Walls childhood.  To realize people actually lived this way is eye-opening.  As a parent, I can't understand how there can be some parents like this in the world.  If you are looking for a quick read that is very captivating, pick this book up.

1 comment:

  1. nice!! I do need to get back to reading.. Life seems to be on one roller coaster ride at the moment.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.