Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ruffle Fabric - Dresses & Skirt

This fabric is great.  You may think you don't know what it is, but you do.  Start looking around and you will see it everywhere.  In fact, every time I see it on someone, I ask if they made the item themselves.  Most of the time they didn't...I have to remind myself that not everyone is as cheap crazy creative as I am.

I first heard about ruffle fabric on Make-It and Love-It.  I had to try it.  I bought some from www.rufflefabric.com.  They have so many different patterns.  I love how soft and stretchy this fabric is.  The dresses are so cute on the girls.
For the dresses, I sewed a tube and then folded over the top to make an elastic casing.  The sleeves are just 2 rows of ruffles sewed to the dress.  The great thing about this fabric is that it doesn't fray so if you cut below a ruffle, you don't have to hem it because no one is ever going to see it.


I also made myself a skirt which was so easy.  I just gathered it a little at the top and then sewed it to some thick elastic.  This is the most comfortable skirt I have and I wore it almost every week.  One thing to note is how the ruffles lay.  The width of the fabric was just enough to make a skirt for me. 

I definitely need to make another one for the fall/winter.  What pattern do you think?
Image of Smoke 2 Inch Ruffle Fabric
Smoke
Image of Black Mini Ruffle Fabric
Black

   
Image of NEW - "Trick or Treat" Black and Orange Striped Ruffle
Halloween

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I've seen alot of this fabric, but have never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! The fabric makes such a huge difference to how the end product looks! Wow! Love the halloween image :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.