Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ruffle Fabric - 10 minute skirt

I love the Ruffle dress and skirt that I made this summer.  The skirt was so comfortable and easy to make.  This time, I decided to make skirts for me and my girls.  They literally took about 10 minutes each.  Since you don't have to hem the material, it is just cut, quick sewing, and attach to elastic.  I love the look of the thick elastic.  It is slimming if you want to not tuck in and then looks good with a shirt tucked in.

I cut the material the length that I wanted it.  I sewed it into a tube and then gathered the top to make it the size of my waist.  I then just sewed it to the elastic - SO EASY!!  Remember, I am not a sewer, straight lines are about all I can handle.

DIY Ruffle Fabric Skirts
I haven't had all 3 of us wear the skirts together yet, I do think it might be cute for Christmas pictures.  Oh yea, those are bows in the picture.  I just took some of the fabric and tied a black ribbon around it - they look adorable.

7 comments:

  1. I love them! Quick and easy and so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That is easy! I saw some ruffle fabric yesterday and wondered how it was to work with! My daughter would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!! I'm always up for a super quick sewing project!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used ruffle fabric yet, but am excited to try. Glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

    Feel free to stop back by and enter the Family Movie Night giveaway if you haven't already- theres still a few days left!! http://www.bearrabbitbear.com/2012/01/family-move-night-give-away-mile-in-his.html

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bunch of elastic I'm supposed to use for this purpose but haven't gotten around to it yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so simple and yet so cute! I love that you three can all match! Getting pictures taken in these would be great!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.