Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yum Yum: Chilies - 2 Chili Recipes


Picture taken from www.mccormick.com
Not sure how to make chili plural but chilies seemed right.  I have always made a certain chili recipe and then I went to my friends house and loved her chili.  My chili is very tomato based and hers more roux based.  My father-in-law is the real test and he asks for my chili all the time when he comes and visits.  Since my husband does like the tomato, I added a little more to the roux one.  They are both great (I do think one is a little better for you than the other).  Here are the recipes:

My Chili
2lb ground turkey
1 chopped onion
1 can red kidney beans (rinsed)
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (10 oz) Ro-tel
1 can (4.5 oz) peeled and diced tomato
1 (11.5oz) spicy V8
1 can (4 oz) diced green chili
1 (2.5 oz) package chili seasoning (I use McCormick's)

Cook beef and onion.  Combine all ingredients and put in crock pot.  Cook until hot.

Friend's Chili (my alterations in red)
2 cans red kidney beans
2 cans tomato soup
1/2 lb. bacon (cut in small pieces)
2 chopped onions
4 oz Parmesan cheese
1 TBS garlic salt
1 large can chopped tomatoes
3 lb ground beef (turkey)
1 lb ekridge sauce (cut into bite size pieces (turkey sausage)
1 can tomato sauce
1 package William's Chili Sauce
Spicy V8 until a little soupy

Fry bacon, sausage and onion in large skillet.  Drain and add all ingredients into crock pot and heat.

2 comments:

  1. Both recipes are great looking. I'll have to make both, I guess!! Yum!! I'd love if you would drop by and link up to my Super Bowl Eats and Treats Party! You have to have chili at a Super Bowl party!
    http://www.thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2012/01/super-bowl-eats-treats-blog-party.html#comment-form

    Hope to see you there! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.