I found this recipe on the A Year of Slow Cooking website when I was trying to use my crock pot more. I have realized that it is only used for dips and soups (more on that later)
|Image from: www.tasteofhome.com/|
adapted from the Halloween issue of Taste of Home
--1 large round or wedge of brie (the round I used was 13.2 oz)
--1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
--2 T brown sugar
--2 T water
--1 tsp balsamic vinegar
--1/4 tsp dried rosemary
--1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- I used a 1.5 mini round crockpot. If you are going to use a big one, put the brie in an oven-safe dish. As long as the dish and the crockpot heat together, you're all good.
- If your brie has a really hard rind, cut the top part off.
- Put the brie into the crockpot.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped apricots, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, water and rosemary together. Spoon on top of the brie.
- Sprinkle on the chopped walnuts.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours, or on low for about 3. Check after an hour in both cases just in case.
You can also just make the topping and pop the brie in the oven until it gets hot if you are strapped for time.
This is always gobbled immediately at any party.