Marquee Slideshow

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yum Yum: Grilled Red Onion and Avocado Pico de Gallo

Last year a few of my friends and I took a cooking class at Central Market. It was a lot of fun and we got to learn how to make some really great foods.  Here is one that I have made numerous times since then.
Perfect Guacamole
Picture from:  http://simplyrecipes.com/

Grilled Red Onion and Avocado Pico de Gallo

Ingredients
1 large red onion, sliced into ½ inch rings (keep together – do not separate)
Oil for brushing
2 cups bulk bar pico de gallo
1 ½ cups diced avocado or premade guacamole (I used Wholly Guacamole)
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
¼ cup olive oil

Instructions

Heat your grill to a four count.  Season your onions with salt and pepper and brush with oil and grill on each side until you have very pronounced grill marks.  That’s where the flavor is.  When cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces.  Mix everything together and taste for seasoning.


6 comments:

  1. never thought of using grilled onion for guacamole. That sounds like it would really add a level of flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks YUMMMM!

    Love for you to share it at my linky party here if you haven't already :)
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-18-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks and sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love the way you combined the flavors of the creamy guac and the fresh pico. I'm imagining the wonderful kick and crunch that it gets from the red onion. Mmmm...wish I had a bowl right here, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. I love avocado and it's so healthy! Thanks for linking up to the Share the Love Wednesday link party at Very Merry Vintage Style!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.