Marquee Slideshow

Monday, April 16, 2012

Kitchen Re-do

Well actually not an entire kitchen re-do, it was only painting the cabinets but it feels like an entirely new kitchen. 
Before

I was all ready to do the painting myself. I had a schedule of 8 weekends mapped out on what I was going to do each weekend. Then I got a quote from a painter and when they told me it was only going to take 3 days, I knew I had to outsource it.

They sprayed the kitchen so I had to remove everything from all the cabinets.  I realized I had way too much kitchen stuff.  It was nice to be able to get rid of some items and then reorganize when I was putting it back.
During
It was hard not having access to the kitchen for 3 days but if I had done it myself it would have been so much longer.

Painted Cream

Glazed
Cream Cabinets and Black Island Kitchen Update
final

I love it!!!.  We decided on cream cabinets with a glaze on top.  Then I did the island black to go with the black appliances.  I don't love the appliances but they were fairly new when we moved in so I can't justify replacing them. 

I am amazed how much brighter the kitchen is.  When I open the cabinets, it just seems so bright.  We should have done this right when we moved in.

Next, hardwood floors....

1 comment:

  1. Your new cabinets look beautiful! Hardwood floors will look amazing in there. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.