I'll start to share these every week. Typing these will have dual purpose - a good blog post and typing them up so they could be printed on 5x7 note cards to have them feel more organized.
Spaghetti and meatballs does not have a lot of hands on time but it does take a while to cook. They are a great freezer food.
- About 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients and form into 1"-ish size meatballs.
- Put on baking sheet with space between them and cook them at 350 for about 20 minutes. Until they are browned but not completely firm.
- Either add to spaghetti sauce or freeze individually.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar, and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 90 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more.