Marquee Slideshow

Monday, September 17, 2012

Spray Painted Shoes v2

I had this pair of shoes in my closet for a few years and I think I wore them 1 time.

A little spray paint and some glued on ribbon and they are now shoes that I have worn numerous times.  I love how they turned out.  I first removed the ribbon and then sprayed them with primer.  Since they were cloth, they soaked up a lot of paint.  I then taped off the section that I wanted to a different color and painted.  The sequins were just hot glued on. 
spray painted shoes

They have held up pretty well.  There are a few cracks but only noticeable if you get close to them.  However, going from a pair of shoes I never wore to ones that wore a few times already, I think I got a little more money out of them.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely makeover - your shoes look great!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.