Marquee Slideshow

Monday, November 12, 2012

Bubblegum Necklaces


I love the bubblegum necklaces for kids.  I saw quite a few on etsy and tutorials on blogs on how to do it.  Toys R' Us does have a huge container of gumballs that I bought.  I drilled holes in them with a hand drill.  I used the 5/32 bit which was so much larger than I thought I was going to use but I wanted to be able to put the ribbon through it instead of just a string.   I taped up the end of the grosgrain ribbon with packing tape and twisted it really tight.  That way it would go through the gumballs.  I put a knot in between each gumball. I made one below for myself that is white and red with a grey ribbon.  I love it.

I did spray paint them with a clear coat of paint.  I wasn't sure what would happen when you actually where them next to your skin.  I caught one of my daughters having it in your mouth and it did start to crack.  I can't imagine it tasting good after the spray paint on it.

bubblegum necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.