Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Yum Yum: Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Potatoes and I have a love hate relationship.  I love to eat them but hate making them.  It is one of those dishes that I haven't seemed to master and mess up more often than not. I think it is because we didn't eat a lot of potatoes growing up.  I may have been in college the first time that I had mashed potatoes.  I like my mashed potatoes chunky.  These are delish!!

  • 2 lb peeled and diced potatoes (I don't peel them)
  • 1/2 to 1 head garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
  • 4 tbsp butter
  •  1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream or milk
  1. Put potatoes in heavy pan with water to cover and bring to boil with lid on.  Cook until soft
  2. Drain potatoes and set aside.
  3. Return empty pan to heat and add butter
  4. Bring cream to boil in separate pan.
  5. Mash potatoes
  6. Beet in butter and hot cream to desired texture
  7. add garlic, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.