Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Yum Yum: Mom's Bread Stuffing

I came from a family where we eat white bread stuffing and my husband grew up on cornbread stuffing.  So I hate his stuffing and he hates mine. Since we spend every Thanksgiving with his family, I really miss my mom's recipe.

  • 4 cups coarse bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup finely minced onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery (stalk and leaves)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried sage
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
  1. Melt butter, add onion and cook till yellow
  2. Stir in rest of ingredients except bread crumbs and cook for 2 minutes
  3. Turn into deep bowl all ingredients
  4. Put in pan or bird and cook
**for dry stuffing, add 2 TBS water
**for moist stuffing, add 3-4 TBS water

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.