- Joined a women's bible study - it had been a long time since I focused on the bible and I am loving this new group of women that I have met. Tuesday nights have become an amazing night to reflect on Christ and how to bring him more into our lives
- Coached Pre-K soccer team - this is amusing considering I am the person who has never played a sport. Luckily at that age, I only have to lead the kids in the correct direction to do my job.
- Book Fair Chair - my kids started Kindergarten in the fall and I started volunteering with a bang. I became the Book Fair chair for the PTA right off the bat and had my first fair of the year 3 weeks after school started. A little hectic especially since I was still figuring out where the library was at that time.
- Kindergarten Sunday School - we have been members of our church for a few years (getting to that point is a whole other story) but we needed to get more involved. My girls class needed a shepherd so decided to start there.
- Trained for an 8 mile race - I ran the Turkey trot 8 mile this year which is the farthest I have run. I realized a few things: First, I am glad 3 years ago that I decided to start running. It is great exercise and gets me outside more. Second, I am not ever going to consider myself a runner. I have no desire to go faster or farther than what I have done. I used to consider doing a half or full marathon but don't think I would even enjoy it. It is fun for the exercise and I enjoy that part but that is about all.
I have a few ideas for some new blog posts and will need to go through the things that I did last year to show you. As before, I will share my crafts, yummy food that I make for my family and I will probably add some of my pins from my addicting Pinterest boards along with my thoughts and opinions.