Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tried it...Ate it...Loved it - Jalapeno Poppers

This is my new go-to appetizer.  I was asked to make something "man-friendly" for a couples wedding shower and after a lot of Internet searches, this is what I came up to.  I now make it for all my events.  Maybe a little too often... as last time I was making them my husband says "Oh, poppers again, I'm going to turn into a popper"  and then proceeds to eat 5 of them.  They are definitely best right out of the oven.

Jalapeno Poppers Appetizer Recipe
http://www.tablespoon.com/

Jalapeno Popper Bites
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury crescent rolls
6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 jalapenos, seeded and diced finely
8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used bacon bits)

Directions

·  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
·  Open can of crescent rolls and separate each roll along the perforation. Cut each triangle in half.
·  Place 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese on each roll and top with a teaspoon of diced jalapeno, teaspoon of cheddar cheese and a teaspoon of crumbled bacon.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.
·  Gather the edges of the dough up and pinch them together making sure all the filling is sealed inside. Place the ball of dough seam side down and bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Recipe courtesy of:  http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/jalapeno-popper-bites/088ade17-2718-419e-a312-4c9a808f5ae0

2 comments:

  1. THese will be a hit at the super bowl! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, hope to see you back next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love these Jalapeno Poppers, they look fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.