Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lace Circle Shirt


I am loving my lace shirt. I have this pinned in my To-Do board and believe it or not, I actually did it. there is a great tutorial on Potholes and Pantyhose.

I made a few changes:
  • First, I got my lace from Good will.  It was actually a curtain.
  • I didn't do the measurements she said.  I just wanted to make sure it came down to my waist so I took that measurement and then made a circle. 
  • I also added the lace at the bottom.  I wear a black shirt under it so I think it ties it together nicely. 
It is a great shirt that can go casual or dressed up.  I wear mine with jeans a lot but could also wear it to work with a pencil skirt.

And, the today show said how much lace was in right now.

8 comments:

  1. That is 'sew' pretty!!!! Definitly a great addition to your closet. Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks semi-easy. Was the edging difficult? Very cute...


    I would love for you to follow my blog too so that we can share ideas!

    Your newest follower,
    Val @ http://cookcraftcrocheting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the edging using stitch witchery and just ironed it on. Since it was lace, I only hand wash it anyway and it stays on great. Definitly easier than sewing it.

      Delete
  3. i think it turned out beautifully! the curtain was a great source too. My only concern about replicating it would be the edge! I struggle with edging sometimes, and I'm afraid the lace would shift while sewing. Did it?

    hopped over from Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy!

    jess @ tupelocreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the edging using stitch witchery and just ironed it on. Since it was lace, I only hand wash it anyway and it stays on great. Definitly easier than sewing it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added the edging using stitch witchery and just ironed it on. Since it was lace, I only hand wash it anyway and it stays on great. Definitly easier than sewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is beyond cute! and so feminine. thanks for linking up for tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, please leave one.