Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yum Yum: Mexican Grilled Corn, Street-Stall Style

My 4 year old girls can eat an entire cob of corn.  It's unbelievable.  I don't put all the stuff on it for them but they just love corn on the cob.  In the summer, we would grill out after getting in the pool and eat corn outside on the porch.  As for me, I hate biting into corn on the cob because it touches my cheeks.  One of my (many) weird eating perculiarities.

This corn is awesome.


Mexican Grilled Corn Recipe
picture from eatingwell

Ingredients
  • 6 ears of corn, unshucked and dipped in water
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • Salt to taste
  • Ancho chile powder to taste
  • 1 cup finely crumbled queso cotija
  • 3 halved key limes
  • Mexican hot sauce (Tapatio or Chlula)
  • Aluminum foil
Instructions
Heat up grill to a four count (your hand can be about 4" above it for 4 seconds).  Wrap corn in foil and cook on the hot grill, rolling every minute or so for about 12 minutes.  When cool enough to handle, unwrap and shuck the corn. T hen smear on the mayo as you would butter.  Add salt, ancho powder, cheese and squeeze of lim and hot sauce.  Yum Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.