I also like cooking breakfast for my in-laws or guest if they are staying the weekend and always struggle for an easy breakfast that I can make ahead. I have found the following 2 breakfast casseroles that turned out great.
No Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 30 oz frozen has browns, thawed
- 16 ounces French onion dip
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- combine first 4 ingredients and one cup cheese -- mix well.
- spread in a greased 13x9" baking pan --
- bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- sprinkle with remaining cheese.bake for additional 15 minutes
French Toast BakeIngredients
- 12 day-old French bread
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Arrange bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
I have now made both of them and they are great. The first one is a little strong flavor for my girls (3 years old) but the second one they gobbled up.
Does anyone have any other make ahead no egg breakfast casseroles?