Marquee Slideshow

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tried It...Ate It...Loved It: Crepes

Do you have a birthday meal?  My mom makes our favorite meal every year on our birthday – even after all these years.  My meal is ham and cheese crepes and carrot cake.  Yum-O!!  My mom has been making them forever and I decided that I needed to try to make them at least once.  They turned out great.  They were time intensive but not necessarily hard.  As soon as you get used to the swirling motion of getting the batter all around the pan, it becomes pretty easy.

Crepes



Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions:
1.In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3.Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot. (I made a lot of them and put them between paper towels and then just heated them when I filled them)

I filled them with savory and sweet.  For savory, I used ham & cheese and pepperoni & cheese.  For sweet, I used Nutella and banana.  They were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, please leave one.